What is NAID?
NAID is the Watchdog of the Shredding Industry. NAID is a non-profit association dedicated to the advancement, professionalism, and high ethical standards of the information destruction industry. They act as an independent auditor, checking a shredding company’s compliance in 22 critical areas, including everything from shred size to employee background checks.
Here are just a few of the critical items that NAID verifies during their on-going audits:
- Pre-employment, random drug screening and criminal background checks on all employees
- Certified proof that shredded output is unreadable
- $2,000,000 general liability insurance
- All Associates wear a company uniform, and display picture ID badges
- Comprehensive written security policies and procedures
- Owners and officers have a third party background check on file
- All employees sign a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
The Importance of NAID AAA Certification
Why is the AAA Certified rating so important? Because it’s the only way for you to verify that a shredding company has complied with industry security standards. Shredding companies that refuse to submit to audits from a third party watchdog organization (like NAID) are asking you to trust them to regulate themselves. That’s simply not good business.
ShredTex Awarded NAID’s AAA Certification Year after Year.
We are proud to be part of an elite group of shredding companies that have been awarded the highest security rating, AAA Certified, By the National Association for Information Destruction.